"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -- Mahatma Gandhi
Video: Cong. Carnahan: Protesting ObamaCare is an “Attack On Our Representative System of Govt.” | Missouri Political News Service

Video: Cong. Carnahan: Protesting ObamaCare is an “Attack On Our Representative System of Govt.”

September 3rd, 2009 by MarkTwain · No Comments

[kml_flashembed movie=”http://www.youtube.com/v/R-W8ApL2ifY” width=”325″ height=”250″ wmode=”transparent” /]



Tags: Rep. Russ Carnahan · St. Louis · Videos

0 responses so far ↓

  • 1 Joe // Sep 3, 2009 at 8:21 pm

    The attack on our representative government is the lefts attempt at silencing the opposition with Stalinist Soviet style tactics. As an American citizen living in MO, I’m your boss Rep. Carnahan. I pay your salary. Come November 2010, as the Donald would say, “you’re fired!”

  • 2 Jim Durbin // Sep 4, 2009 at 7:52 am

    Nice catch. This is exactly why Russ didn’t announce he was going to be there, and why they didn’t want to let anyone in.

    Unless of course he was talking about the disruptions caused by SEIU staff members attacking a button vendor outside his last public appearance.

  • 3 Rory Riddler // Sep 4, 2009 at 8:28 am

    You know you are going to have to edit these clips a lot more. You left in the part where Congressman Carnahan says that “disrupting” meetings is an assault on democracy…not that protesting was an assault on democracy. Disrupting public meetings with rude and ignorant behavior is an assault on democracy.

  • 4 Josh Carter // Sep 4, 2009 at 3:14 pm

    Promoting socialism is rude and ignorant behavior, not to mention a direct attack on our Constitutional Republic. Democracy is rule by the masses, and our founding fathers were very clear that they had no intention of founding a democracy because it is just another form of tyranny. Just because 51% of people want something does not make it moral to impose it on the other 49%.

  • 5 Flashback // Sep 5, 2009 at 1:53 pm

    Leftists under Bush,called disrupting meetings “speaking truth to power”. They encouraged people to disrup….,er,speak truth to power….because it was the patriotic thing to do. The question is this….why was it patriotic to speak truth to power during the Bush administration but not patriotic under the Obama administration? I don’t recall one instance of the Left claiming Code Pink members were attacking our system of government by disrupting a meeting.

  • 6 Tim McNabb // Sep 6, 2009 at 6:59 pm

    With respect to Rory Riddler, a disruption is when someone crashes in, shouts down speakers and makes it impossible to have a meeting. Getting booed, jeered and crabbed at by angry constituents is not a disruption. Congressman Carnahan is able to speak at these meetings, he just jams his foot in his mouth and gets the reaction one would expect from people who are angry at the direction Congress has taken.

    For more pearls of wisdom from Representative Carnahan, please visit russsaidwhat.com

Leave a Comment